Diary of a Dominatrix + Nothing But Loving You + Monstress (13 points)

Diary of a Dominatrix by Molly Kiely has to be the strangest but the most informational piece i've read so far. I should have expected this to be detailed but i wasn't expecting what i've read. I wish i could just be like “oh yes i'll use this information in daily life” but i'm not that extra. Something that was a lot of fun to do was show this to my friends. I loved seeing their reactions that couldn't stay hidden behind a mask. Especially the ball stretcher! I was really laughing at how they ran away holding their crotches. Leading back to the comic story itself, it was a really relaxed way of describing how to be a dominatrix. Since there is normally such a stigma of women being in positions of dominance over men it was a great read to see how casually Molly talks about her experience/what to do. She is taking a big step to normalise what she does and I think it's definitely paid off. It's definitely way more accepted as well as the techniques have upgraded since this has been published. I do find it silly for the few who still think it's wrong for a woman to do this. Nor will i understand why anyone would look at sex work as a negtive thing. With only fans booming in popularity i still can see a lot of hate towards the sex workers comunity. I personally would love to try pole dancing one day but if i ever told that to my family they would karate chop me into church. I still don't understand why sex work is still treated as if you are going to never get a “normal” job the moment you pose naked and post it somewhere. People are getting fired for having only fans or other heavily suggestive blogs or accounts. I really don't understand other than labeling it as old people being stuck in their old ways. There are lots of minor things that a woman or man won't be able to do freely or publicly if she has a sexual background. it's a sad president that won't be going away for a while. Luckily for me pole dancing is turning a leaf so maybe i'll be able to do it soon enough without my family having a heart attack!

I also read Nothing but Loving You. This one I really enjoyed reading. I loved Nanako and her ability to be super blunt with people. She isn't the normal nicey nice female lead that is too scared to say any slight thing. She will just say it how it is with few exceptions. I instantly fell in love with her the moment she charged into where Etsushi was and just asked him if he was seeing anyone. I wish i had that confidence to just charge up to people and just ask them what's on my mind. Now of course to everyone else this act would be seen as rude which is why most wouldn't do it. I also feel like this manga showed the heartbreak is equally as painful between any gender couple. Both Nanako and Eisushi were in relationships that the other party cared for more than they did. Its really hard to break it off with someone who you are comfortable with either sex or emotinal wise. Both sides I can relate to and it still stings to remember some of the past relationships that ended bad since we dragged it on for too long. Emotions are very hard to predict and sometimes can hurt more than just yourself when they change quickly. No matter how much money or time you can put into someone if their emotions aren't there it doesn't matter what you do. It's just simply over. I continued reading this on my own and enjoyed it a lot. 

Lastly I re-read Monstress after a long time of not touching it. I won't go into too much detail about it but it was a great reminder to see why I picked it up in the first place. The art and story is super detailed and well thought out. Thus making it interesting to read and learn more about the world and creatures. The constant wars between each race slowly unfolds in front of your eyes as each fight takes place. One day I hope to create or be a part of a comic of this level of detail.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ghost in The Shell (5 points)

Seduction of the Innocent (2 points)

Lone Wolf and Cub vol 1, 2 and 3 (6 Points)