Lone Wolf and Cub vol 1, 2 and 3 (6 Points)

This week I've read Lone wolf and cub by writer Kazuo Koike and artist Goseki Kojima. I've constantly seen this manga being recommended to me by many but had never had the chance to read it myself. I normally would like the stories of older men taking care of children and adventuring around. Lone wolf and cub are just like that storyline and I liked it a lot. Normally the child is a tenager and helps with the fighting in a large way. But this one Daigoro, the child, is one years old. I Loved how the one year old would pee on someone to start a duel. Or him throwing a coin at the women fighter to distacter her while Ogami fights. It's such a cute dynamic. I enjoy seeing little Daigoro and what small action he will do to help his father. Now the father or Ogami Itto. Ogami used to be the Kaishakunin of the person who enforces the will of the shogun. I didn't know the details about the details of what a kaishakunin position was before reading into this flashback arc. I enjoyed how detailed the story gets when describing the actions taken by either the main characters or the side characters. It's almost as if they are speaking in riddles, haikus or even taking quotes from the Art of War. The Art of War by Sun Tzu has been constantly referenced within anime/manga as well as pop culture and other mediums for as long as I can remember. Thus made me think that i should try reading it myself. The quotes i've heard from him already within Lone wolf and cub and other mediums really makes me think about the complex nature of humans and the act of protection. It's very interesting to me how basically we have all evolved past other species since we have “mastered” war. Every interaction we may have as humans I feel like has ties to us wanting to protect something at all costs. Thus creating a war to protect it. This obviously doesn't need to be with weapons but maybe words or other actions. Lots of time within Lone Wolf and Cub they would be constantly waging war to get what they want. Sometimes word would be attempted but since they are ronin people ask for their help when killing needs to happen. Its interesting to see how simple actions that could have been fixed with talking it out turns into death the majority of the time with the wolf and cub. Which i feel like makes it even more interesting to read and think about what could have happened if they just talked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ghost in The Shell (5 points)

Seduction of the Innocent (2 points)