Before reading the manga I was able to watch the movies and the anime. The 1995 movie has always stuck in my mind from the moment I saw it until I got to see it again recently. Seeing the anime as a slightly more mature person really made me appreciate the chosen scenes of the anime. Since the anime goes into a more detailed version of a season compared to the manga it brings a whole new perspective on that once scene. For instance the garbage truck scene. In the manga that scene is wrapped up in a few pages the anime gives just about twenty minutes out of the whole hour and 30 mins of the movie to that small scene. Of course up until that part in the manga it had pages and pages of space to explain its world and mechanics to the reader. I don't think they could have picked a better introduction scene for the movie to help explain how the world works. Most times without many words and just actions it describes the complexity of the ghost system and how similar it is t...
This week I've read Lone wolf and cub by writer Kazuo Koike and artist Goseki Kojima . I've constantly seen this manga being recommended to me by many but had never had the chance to read it myself. I normally would like the stories of older men taking care of children and adventuring around. Lone wolf and cub are just like that storyline and I liked it a lot. Normally the child is a tenager and helps with the fighting in a large way. But this one Daigoro, the child, is one years old. I Loved how the one year old would pee on someone to start a duel. Or him throwing a coin at the women fighter to distacter her while Ogami fights. It's such a cute dynamic. I enjoy seeing little Daigoro and what small action he will do to help his father. Now the father or Ogami Itto. Ogami used to be the Kaishakunin of the person who enforces the will of the shogun. I didn't know the details about the details of what a kaishakunin position was before reading into this flashback arc. I...
The Killing Joke - 1. What is your reaction to the text you just read? I know little to nothing about the Marvel/DC superhero universes. I've truly only seen the Tobey Maguire spiderman series on top of random movies here and there. I've also watched Joker 2019. So Joker 2019/Spiderman are the only ones i have any relatively good knowledge of. I feel like both of these pieces of media both go into the reasons as to why they are who they are. The comic goes into more detail since it doesn't have any major restrictions. You almost start to feel bad for the Joker since he was created when he was the most mentaly broken. His wife dies with a baby randomly, the mob tricks him then he falls into radioactive goop that permanently deforms him all in an afternoon. This shift within the batman universe has definitely helped give depth to these normally good or bad heroes especially in this time period. But even with these good bits there is a lot of bad as well. 2. What...
Comments
Post a Comment