Lackadaisy Cats (5 points)

     This week I read Lackadaisy Cats by Tracy Butler. I wasn't expecting a comic about cats in the 1920s but I'm glad this is a thing. It was a great read to learn about some of the anitics that could have happened when running an underground bootleg mission in St. Louis. As glamorous as the 20s are made to seem within most media i feel like this one felt more down to earth/more realistic. It seems light hearted and fun since the main character we follow most times is Rocky. He's very easy going about being in an illegal gang and supplying booze to people which was a mentality seemingly most have. He's there just to please Miss. M. or Mitzi May the leader of Atlus by the death of her husband. I really love how her character is slowly revealed by her own actions. She clearly cared about her husband but knows she needs a powerful man to help continue her business. She knows how to use her assets to get what she wants while relying on only a few trusted lackeys to get the dirty work done. But my favorite character is Victor. I love how he clearly used to be the normal kill stuff guy but since he got older and more enjoyed he can't help Miss. May as well as he wants to. I loved his accent and how touch he looks on the outside but how he really just wants to help. 

The art within the comic is what I really love. I love how they characterized the humanoid cats. The hair on each cat still looks cat-like yet human since Tracy is using the 20s as the style reference. Even when the characters walk/run it's an interesting mix between cat movement and human movement. I love the penmanship and shading within the cats as well. Also the Backgrounds are also really cool as well. I love how detailed they are but they don't overpower the story. Overall the story is really intresting and with great art to support it, it makes a great read. I will continue to read this over break as well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ghost in The Shell (5 points)

Seduction of the Innocent (2 points)

Lone Wolf and Cub vol 1, 2 and 3 (6 Points)